A fifth generation Oregonian, local entrepreneur and involved community volunteer, Pat Malone was elected to the Board of Commissioners in November 2018 and took office in January 2019.
Malone and his wife actively run and own Sunrise Tree Farm, where they sell Christmas trees and timber. Malone has a Master of Fine Arts and Bachelor’s of Arts in History from the University of Oregon, and previously worked at Portland Community College as an instructor, and at the University of Oregon as a teaching assistant.
His prior governmental experience includes serving on the following:
- Benton County Soil and Water Conservation Board
- Workforce Development Board (Northwest Oregon Works / Workforce Investment Board)
- Linn-Benton Community College Budget Committee.
Benton County Committees include:
- Law Enforcement Review Committee
- Charter Review
- Extension Advisory
- Forestland Classification
- Bicycle Advisory
- Kings Valley Fire Department Chief
- Oregon Department of Agriculture
- Christmas Tree Advisory Committee
Malone has also been a volunteered with the following organizations:
- Kings Valley Rural Fire Protection District
- Agricultural Research Foundation Board
- Oregon State University
- Kings Valley Area Association
- Pacific Northwest Christmas Tree Association Board
- Benton County Democrats
As Commissioner, Malone has committed to take the long term view and apply his stewardship skills to promote a clean, safe and sustainable County environment, nurture community involvement to build consensus, and take his business expertise and advocating experience to the capital to promote government efficiency and responsiveness.
Commissioner Malone can be reached by email at email@example.com or phone at 541-766-6800.
Commissioner Malone thanks constituents for his re-election. January 2023.
Left: Commissioner Malone invites the public to attend a Justice System Open house. April 2023. Right: Commissioners Wyse, Malone, and Augerot attend Malone’s second swearing in ceremony in January 2023.